Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Attn Rappers: ‘Scarface’ remake news!!!

                Now look, I’m not a man who’s afraid to make a few enemies, but even I don’t like putting this next sentence in print. People tend to react violently.
                I’m no fan of “Scarface.” I think it’s long, sorta boring and massively overhyped.
                If you’re still reading this through an un-cracked computer screen, congratulations. If your screen has turned into a spider-web and your fist hurts, I apologize but it’s not my fault. I mean legally it’s not my fault, check the fine print at the bottom of the page.
                Anyway, that was basically just a long-winded way of saying: “Hey, have you heard there’s a ‘Scarface’ remake coming out?”
                Well there is. And now it has a writer. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the most popular/hated man in the hip hop community: David Ayer.
                Ayer is best known for penning “Training Day.” So, I look at this as slumming it. I’m sure he looks at it as his meal ticket to easy street. Funny how perspective changes things.
                Apparently Ayer has been studying both Brian DePalma’s 1983 film AND Howard Hawks’ 1932 version in preparation.
                Good for him. Still, I will not be seeing it. Unless 50 Cent stars, in which case maaaaaybe.
                Source: Bad Movie Nite

No comments:

Post a Comment