Friday, November 25, 2011

News: Busey talks 'Piranha' plus 'Cheese in Theaters'


mamapop.com
Busey talks ‘Piranha 3DD’

            Hold the phone Mabel!
When did this happen? Gary Busey is in “Piranha 3DD?” Be still my beating heart!
I can’t believe I missed the fact that one of the craziest people on the planet is starring in one of the craziest-looking movies of all time!
And not only is the former star of “I’m With Busey” in the darn thing, but he’s talking about it as well! It’s all almost too much to handle. I’m just… I’m just a little lost for words right now, so let’s have the man himself enlighten you a little about his character in the film:
“I play a farmer. A cow explodes because of its farting ability and out of it come hundreds of piranha, raining down on me. You'll see how I treat one of them.”
Of course he’s playing a farmer who pals around with a cow renowned for its farting ability! Duh! What else would he be playing? A cop or something? Pishaw. This is Gary Freakin’ Busey we’re talking about. I’d expect no less.
God only knows how much of this will actually be in the final film when it hits theaters, whenever that is, but let’s just keep our fingers crossed and hope all of it makes the cut.

Cheese in Theaters

                Well, it’s that time of year again, when Hollywood starts pumping out its Oscar bait dramas and heart-warming family tales. Or as I call it: the slow season.
                Only one new movie scored a “Rotten” grade on Rottentomatoes.com this week. The rest of the new releases were all over 70%, many of them in the high 90’s. What am I supposed to do with that caliber of movie?
                Anyway, here’s this week’s one stinker:  
                The Legend of Pale Male- 56% Certified Rotten (Rottentomatoes.com)
                What the heck is it: An “inspiring” documentary about a hawk that takes up residence in New York City. While there, he becomes a symbol of perseverance and tourists flock from all over the world to catch a glipse at the bird affectionately known as “Pale Male.”
                Critics said: “(Director Frederic) Lilien proves wholly uninterested in investigating his human subjects' habit of vigorously anthropomorphizing, and projecting their personal hopes, dreams, fears, and Daddy issues onto the striking hawk.”- Nick Schager, Village Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment