Wednesday, December 7, 2011

News: Finally a 'Stooges' trailer


Ladies and gentlemen, “The Three Stooges” (or as my grandpa called ’em The Stoogees) journey to the big screen is almost complete. A journey so epic, if you listen closely you can almost hear Larry, Moe and Curly telling Frodo to suck it.           
Anyway, the first trailer for the Farrelly Brothers long-gestating big screen adaptation of the beloved TV series and shorts finally debuted. My reaction? Whole lotta meh.

I’m a huge Stooges fan, have been since I was a kid. When I was younger, I used to sneak out of bed and watch them on TV with my grandpa late in to the night. Those were great times. So, I hold the Stooges as sacred.
The trailer isn’t awful, the three leads--- Sean Hayes, Chris Diamantopoulos and Will Sasso--- do fine impressions of their characters. The Stooges trademark slapstick is handled well and is on full display. Problem is: I really can’t stand the Farrelly and their not-so-unique brand of irreverent comedy.
I’d like to have seen a more talented director take the reins on this project. Maybe even shoot in black and white for old time’s sake. Instead, the Farrelly’s mentality seeps in and we get nuns in bikinis. I hate you Farrelly’s. For this and for “Shallow Hal.”

You both suck.
Source: Joblo  

No comments:

Post a Comment