Thursday, February 21, 2013

News: Halle teams up with WWE



Hey, there’s a new trailer for “The Call” out there on the web today!
I know: Blah, blah, blah, more trailer talk. Blah, blah, blah.
                Hey, so sue me, I’m a little pressed for time today so I don’t have the usual window of about 6-7 hours to devote towards researching, writing and sending these posts off to Taiwan for proofing.
                Also I realize the irony of the guy who just typed the word “blah” six times crying about being pressed for time. Let’s move on.
                “The Call.” This is that WWE Films thriller starring noted wrestler and Oscar-winner Halle Berry?
That bit of casting is one I don’t understand from either perspective. Why Halle, an OSCAR-winner, wants to toss her name in with noted-crap-maker WWE Films is beyond me. And for that matter, why WWE needs to waste money bringing in Halle knowing full even she isn’t a good enough actress to trick people into thinking a bad movie is actually just mediocre (see: “Gothika,” “Catwoman”).
I mean, I guess WWE figures this will somehow make their little studio seem more credible, but it won’t.  Again, “Gothika,” “Catwoman.” Would have been better off throwing all that money at The Rock to come back home and make an awesomely dumb action movie.
So in this trailer, Halle plays a 911 operator who gets a call from a kidnapped girl and has to save her from a demented killer. The first trailer had a whole lot of silly backstory that is nowhere to be found in this one, so in that regard, this is a much better trailer.


But it still looks awful. Maybe even Cheese List awful. “The Call” slithers into theaters on March 15 of this year.
Info: Joblo

No comments:

Post a Comment