Thursday, October 13, 2011

News: The ‘Reunion’ no one asked for


                Like any good Hollywood monster, the “American Pie” franchise keeps coming back for more.
                Full disclaimer: I despise the “America Pie” franchise.
                I’m proud to say that I’ve been on the “who cares” bandwagon with these movies since the first “American Pie” movie hit theaters in the late 90’s.
                I just don’t have any patience for sex comedies starring a bunch of twenty-somethings in a high school setting that doesn’t exist in the real world. Call me a party pooper if you must. I prefer the term pioneer.
                Well, Jason Biggs, his sweat sock, Alyson Hannigan, Sean William Scott and the rest of the crew are back for “American Reunion,” the fourth theatrical entry in the franchise. I’m not going to waste my time counting the gibberish straight-to-DVD entries.
                The red band trailer for “Reunion” hit the web today and it features the usual blend of hackneyed, gross-out humor and sex jokes we’ve come to loathe (or in some strange cases: love).
                If you’ve ever wanted to watch a man in his mid-30’s masturbate in front of a small child, then by god, this is the movie for you. Lord almighty, just typing that sentence made me feel like I fell headfirst into a pile of triceratops dung.
                There’s not enough Purell on the planet to clean off that kind of dirty.
                Anyway, here’s the trailer. Let’s all do our best to NOT see this movie and end this franchise once and for all! Who’s with me? Hoozah!
            Source: IFC

No comments:

Post a Comment