Thursday, February 9, 2012

News: Shyamalan is back and Snake almost rides again


joblo.com
New M. Night movie… gah

                There was a time in my youth when I used to await the next M. Night Shyamalan movie like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus.
                Hmmm… yeah ok, that’s a bit of an exaggeration. Night’s got nothing on the jolly fat man in the red suit, but by god the spirit of what I said is true.
                I loved me some Night. You can tell I’m pretentious because I call him Night, by the way.
                Now though, I dread the next M. Night Shyamalan movie like the characters on “Futurama” dreaded the killer robot Santa that stalked the streets of the year 3000. And that is no exaggeration.
                 His next project is called “After Earth” and boy does it sound like a steaming pile. It stars Will and Jayden Smith as a father and son duo (GASP!) who crash land on Earth in the distant future after humans have been forced to abandon the planet. With his dad badly injured, it’s up to the young man to save the day and therein lies the problem.
 I don’t want to watch a Jayden Smith movie featuring Will Smith. Just give me the elder Smith and leave the kids and the wife--- especially the wife, never liked her--- at home.
If there’s any upside to be found, it’s that Night is only directing this movie and not writing it… or acting in it… as well. I’ve been saying he should do that for years, so you’re welcome America.
Screenwriting duties fall to Gary Whitta (“The Book of Eli”) and Academy Award-winning writer Stephen Gaghan (“Traffic”).
Check out more pics from the set right here.
Source: Joblo

‘Lock-Out channels Carpenter

                I like to think of myself as one of those creative types. After all, I’ve got a bit of scraggily facial hair and let’s face it, I didn’t teach myself to be left handed all those years ago so I could easily use gel pens.
                Being a creative type, nothing pains me more than when I read an article for this blog and have literally nothing to add. You simply can’t say it any better than the initial writer did.
                So touché Gael Fashingbauer Cooper from MSNBC. You win.
                He correctly pointed out that Guy Pierce’s new movie, “Lock-out” is essentially the unofficial third entry to John Carpenter and Kurt Russell’s legendary “Escape” saga.
                The only thing missing is a guy in an eye patch.
                Basically, it’s the future and is always the case in the future we need something to do with our prisoners. Rather than wall them off in Manhattan, we decide to shoot them into space and leave ’em locked up in an orbiting space station.
Naturally, the president’s daughter goes poking around up there and gets herself stranded just as the criminals all bust out of their cells. There’s only one man who can save her and it’s a loose cannon by the name of Sn… ow. Snow. Damn, so close.
Yeah good times. Watch the trailer and enjoy. Should be something.

Source: MSNBC

No comments:

Post a Comment