Now that a bunch of old white guys out in Hollywood have finished telling us which movies THEY liked the best, we can finally get on to the important stuff.
What were the worst movies of the year? Well, there’s only one place to turn for an answer… The Golden Raspberry Awards!
The nominations are out for the 32nd Annual Golden Raspberry Awards! The Razzies are, of course, the beloved celebration of the worst films pooped out by Hollywood every year and history has been made by the Razzies this time around.
It was an historic day of infamy for Adam Sandler, as he shattered records by taking home a jaw-dropping 11 (ELEVEN!) nominations this year. The previous record for nominations in one year for one person was Eddie Murphy’s five for “Norbit.”
Sandler’s silly total comes as a result of producing, writing, and acting in such disasters as “Just Go With It,” “Jack & Jill,” and “Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star.” All in one year. Sandler managed to jam several careers’ worth of god-awful movie making into a single year. What a talent that man is.
It was a bad year to be Adam Sandler, and it was also a bad year to be a dude dressed like a lady. Cross-dressing was one of the Razzies' favorite targets this year.
Well, here’s a rundown of the big categories. Head on over to the very ugly, but informative Razzies.com for a full list of nominees. My predicted… er… winners… are in bold and underlined.
- Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star
- Jack & Jill
- Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1
- New Year’s Eve
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Russell Brand, Arthur
- Nicolas Cage, Drive Angry, Season of the Witch, Trespass
- Taylor Lautner, ABduction, Twilight: Breaking Dawn 1
- Adam Sandler, Just Go With It, Jack & Jill
- Nick Swardson, Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star
- Martin Lawrence (As Momma), Big Momma’s House: Like Father, Like Son
- Sarah Palin (As Herself), The Undefeated
- Sarah Jessica Parker, I Don’t Know How She Does It, New Year’s Eve
- Adam Sandler, Jack & Jill
- Kristen Stewart, Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 1
- Michael Bay, Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Tom Brady, Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star
- Bill Condon, Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 1
- Dennis Dugan, Jack & Jill, Just Go With It
- Garry Marshall, News Year’s Eve
Worst Remake, Sequel or Rip-off
- Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star (Rip off of Boogie Nights and A Star is Born)
- The Hangover: Part 2 (Sequel and a remake!)
- Jack & Jill (Remake/Rip off of Ed Wood’s Glen or Glenda)
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part 1
Worst Supporting Actor
- Patrick Dempsey, Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- James Franco, Your Highness
- Ken Jeong, The Hangover: Part 2, Zookeeper, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Big Momma’s House: Like Father, Like Son
- Al Pacino, Jack & Jill
- Nick Swardson, Jack & Jill, Just Go With It
Worst Supporting Actress
- Katie Holmes, Jack & Jill
- Brandon T. Jackson (As Charmaine), Big Momma’s House: Like Father, Like Son
- Nicole Kidman, Just Go With It
- David Spade (As Monica), Jack & Jill
- The Underwear Model (aka Rosie Huntington-Whiteley), Transformers: Dark of the Moon