Thursday, January 24, 2013

News: WWE does 'Leprechaun'



holytaco.com

I’m a little lost for words right now. Just bear with me, while I try to piece together my thoughts on this latest news.
                Well, it actually is sort of old news, but I’m just learning about it now so you were already bearing with me, so just bear a little more, OK? God.
                So apparently WWE Films --- always a mark of quality, don’t you know? --- is planning a remake/reboot of the “Leprechaun” franchise, "Leprechaun: Origins." Already this is a match made in cheesy movie heaven.
                Not only is this a thing that’s happening, but WWE uh … star, I guess … Hornswoggle is set to play the titular Leprechaun, an evil demon creature hellbent on avenging the theft of his precious gold coins.
                Tangent: Who should be more offended by Hornswoggle’s WWE character, the Irish or little people? I feel like both groups have a legitimate case.
                Back to the point. WWE Studios President Michael Luisi recently dropped a few interesting tidbits about the movie --- other than the fact that it’s a thing that’s actually happening.  
                Luisi noted that audiences can expect a darker tone from the new version and that it will be more of a traditional horror movie than the previous films.
I mean, I’m not sure what could be more “traditional horror” than a movie featuring the line: “A friend with weed is a friend indeed,” but to each their own, I guess.
Luisi also confirmed it would be a full-on remake with no connection to the previous installments, however Warwick Davis, who played the Leprechaun in every film until now, might just get himself a cameo.
Yup. Whatever day this thing finds its way straight to video (no way it ever sees the inside of a movie theater, right?) will be my new Christmas. I can’t wait.
Bumblebee tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment